Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dinner with a side of yuck

It's a football Saturday, so that means Carly and I are on our own. We decided to eat an early dinner at the restaurant of her choice. Tonight it was Carlos, so I thought I got lucky. She only has two favorites, and the other one is McDonalds. Not that I'm against a cheeseburger and fries occasionally, but the older I get the worse it is when I eat that stuff later in the day.

So there we were about 4:30, having a quiet dinner in a mostly empty restaurant when in comes this party of four with this guy who . . . well, let's just say he was a doozy. Loud and obnoxious from the git go. Seated right behind us. When he started to talk about how he and his wife/girlfriend were connected below the waist, it was time to go.

I don't get people like that. Family restaurant, five children nearby, didn't appear to be drunk, just stupid and crude. I could hear his dinner companions telling him to quiet down. Which he didn't do, of course. Obnoxious people never do. I wonder what makes people act that way. Did he not ever learn any better? Was he born with a jerky personality? Is he just an attention seeker? And why would anybody want to hang out with someone like that?

Yuck.

1 comment: