Friday, July 30, 2010

The price of inefficiency

Once upon a time nothing got by me. I was organized to a fault. Bills were paid on time. The laundry was done. Bathrooms were clean. Dinner was on the table. But somewhere down the line something changed.

Maybe it's the lack of time. Or the lack of interest. Or having to be responsible for too much. Before you know it, the shower hasn't been cleaned in months. The checkbook hasn't been balanced in a year. And you find yourself sitting in the Polk County Treasurer's Office because you forgot to renew your car registration.

Have you been there lately? It's not a place for the faint of heart. Lines are long, seats are scarce, people are very, very irritating. I am never going there again.

Whether that causes me to reform my ways remains to be seen. But I'll risk the ticket or hire out the job. So if you're looking for something to do this time next year, give me a shout. Even if I remember to renew, I'm sure my bathrooms will still need cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment