Thursday, March 17, 2011

Do elephants know they have wrinkles?

We had lunch today at the Elephant Bar, which is a funky restaurant with a great menu and cool ceiling fans. I have another picture from five years ago of the Hoop-lahs in front of the same elephant. Somewhere. But that was in the days before I had a digital camera, so it is most likely in a shoebox. Unlabeled. But I will post it along the way if I'm able to find it.

We met up with some long-time friends of Big Dog's family. They looked just the same as the last time I saw them, which was five years ago for one, and 20+ years ago for the others. I wonder if they thought the same thing about us. It's interesting to me how people change, but they don't really change. In my mind's eye, I think I look pretty much the same as I did 20 years ago, maybe with a few more pounds and wrinkles, like this elephant. Of course I could be delusional. Probably a good thing actually.

The best part of the day, though, was the senior lady at the pool wearing a maroon bikini. I totally admire her spunk. My guess is that her mind's eye goes back a few years, too.

1 comment: