Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Where does the time go?

Yesterday was my sweet Carly's birthday. Riley and I sang "Happy Birthday" to her before she got out of bed, which she LOVED. Big Dog called before school and sang. She took sherbet cups to school, had McDonalds for lunch and Carlos for dinner, and a few presents in between. How can a day get any better?

Pulling out this picture gave me a pang or two of melancholy. I miss my babies, but not enough to recheck myself into the insane asylum of no sleep and uncontrolled crying. The babies were good. It was me that was a mess.

Borrowing an idea from my friend Tricia over at Three Men and a Lady, here are 10 things I love about Carly.

1. She is the queen of one-liners.

2. Her imagination is second to none. Just this week she built a coliseum in her room, complete with stuffed animal spectators and opponents dueling to the death.

3. Her memory is amazing. Don't ever let her challenge you to a Memory game.

4. Sometimes she answers you or the phone with "Meow?" She's part cat, you know. And part bunny. She won't do it for you, but trust me, watching her shake her bunny tail is priceless.

5. She draws the best pictures, full of color and originality.

6. She stands her ground and doesn't care at all if you don't like it.

7. She snuggles every night.

8. She watches action movies with Big Dog and crime shows with me.

9. She sings in the shower.
10. She gives me three kisses when I drop her off at school. Every time, no matter who is around.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of your very best blog posts. In fact, it's one of the best things I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete