Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hoop-lah Hump Day

This hoop-lah isn't getting much sleep, so I'm updating you with pictures because I am sure you don't want to hear me cry.

Riley won fifth place yesterday in the Valley Invitation, a cross country meet with 220 boys his age competing. How cool is that for a kid who is a newbie to the sport? He told me that his coach expected him to come in around 20. That man is either a master in reverse  psychology or he doesn't know Riley at all. I guarantee that kid will be gunning for the number one spot in tomorrow's race in Ames.

By now most everyone knows that Iowa State won this year's bout with the Hawkeyes. Do these season ticket holders look like happy campers? Riley has been telling everyone that Big Dog shed a few tears when the final whistle sounded.

Do you recognize these boys from the picture above? This one is from 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment