Friday, August 20, 2010

Working hard for the money

I spent my morning at IMMC with Carly. She was getting her ear worked on; I was looking for a shoulder guy. I thought maybe I could sneak in an appointment or quick surgical repair, but no such luck. My shoulder still hurts (and my head, and my leg . . .), but Carly's ear is looking good!

No sign of tumor regrowth. She has a new titanium implant, around a millimeter in size. I'm very hopeful her hearing will improve. We'll know in about eight weeks. Maybe sooner. I'm pretty tuned in to what she hears and what she doesn't.

In true Carly fashion, she made everyone work for their paycheck today. Her stubbornness is one of my favorite traits, except when she's using it on me. But I like a girl who isn't afraid to stand her ground. She reminds me of someone. Don't worry, it'll come to me.

1 comment: