Friday, April 20, 2012

Fighting Father Time

The problem with getting old is that your body starts to do weird things. Mine is growing ugly skin tags. I usually yank them off, but the seven that popped up around my eye in the past year didn't want to come off. Believe me, I tried. That's how I ended up at the eye doctor today -- she with a pointy needle in hand and me wondering if anesthetic was even needed for such a little thing. The answer to that is hell yes. Turns out that all that snipping burns. A lot.

In mid-procedure, someone knocks on the door. She needs the Botox, which happens to be in that room. Hello? Why didn't anyone tell me there was Botox? I would have been all over that. I could have scheduled both for the same appointment and saved myself a co-pay. Adding insult to injury, the doctor tells me no eye makeup for a week. Uh-huh. Like that's going to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment