Monday, July 2, 2012

Cue Eye of the Tiger

 I was a little worried about starting Week 3 of Couch to 5K. Day 12 last week was a little humbling.

But I must say I kicked it today. Not wanting to embarrass yourself in front of your kid is powerful motivation. Beyond that, I'm learning how to pace better, how to breathe more efficiently, and how to lay off dinner before running.

Maybe one of these days I will look less like a tomato.

So my coach is leaving next week to play basketball in Milwaukee. I have two days to run while he's gone. It feels a little like Bob or Jillian leaving the ranch. Will I keep going? Will I sit on the couch and eat cupcakes instead?

I need to hire a back-up trainer. It won't pay very well, but it has tremendous laugh potential. Any takers?





No comments:

Post a Comment