Friday, July 13, 2012

I got to keep on movin'























Today marked the end of Week 4 of Couch to 5K. I'm pretty impressed with myself for making it this far, despite appearances.

I must admit Wednesday, Day 24, was rough. It was my first day without my coach. I took a different route - BIG mistake - and then stopped short because my legs/knees did not want to move. I paused to get my mojo and then tried to pick up the pace again. Didn't work. I walked the rest of the way home, embarrassed and more than a little grateful my coach wasn't around to see me self-destruct.

So I thought about what I did wrong and resolved to improve the things I could. Using the iPhone's stopwatch feature wasn't great, so today I bought an inexpensive watch with a timer/alarm to help me keep track of my time. I took ibuprofen before setting out. I stretched out and then hit the road running my regular route. And it worked.

I'm not fast. I'm definitely not graceful. But I have gone from doing nothing to doing something. Of that I am proud.

Many thanks to those of you who have cheered me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment