Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

A few days late, of course, but that's how I roll. I don't think I look a day over 43, which is great because I hear 44 is when things really start to show.

I popped in this picture so you could meet my Mom. Birthdays are a good time for recognizing all that your mom does for you and for passing on good skin and exceptional intelligence. So thanks Mom! You're the best! Maybe one day the Hoop-lahs will figure out this gift of gratitude.

As birthdays go, it was an interesting day, starting with a late morning funeral. A much deeper person than I might have contemplated the collision of birth and death, the beginning and the end. But really, it felt more like a celebration. The end of his suffering was a great gift and I was happy to share this day with him.

I got to see my friend Marti, who is one of my favorite people. She is kind and thoughtful and is a great gift giver. Can you guess what she gave me? Read here if you need a clue. She also gave me a copy of Tina Fey's biography, Bossypants. Tina Fey cracks me up.

Later, a rousing round of "Happy Birthday" from the Hoop-lahs, a gift certificate for not one, but two pedicures . . . really, what more could a girl want?

No comments:

Post a Comment