Friday, July 8, 2011

More than a pretty face

Books fascinate me. Especially when the ones I have low expectations for end up being impossible to put down. This book fell into that category.

Rob Lowe is a storyteller, equal parts funny, smart and self deprecating. Who would have guessed? Not me. I'll freely admit I had a preconceived notion, based on the pretty-boy poster on my dorm wall, his high-profile romances, his sex tape, his gig dancing with Snow White.

But here's the thing. He seems genuinely embarrassed and regretful about the bad decisions he made. A refreshing change of pace from the "stars" of today. Perhaps it's his Midwestern roots. Or maybe he's just a guy with the ability to keep moving forward. Either way, he recognizes that nothing is more important than his family and, in fact, is grateful for them. It's nice to see that he's come out on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment