Saturday, May 21, 2011

Random weekend musings . . .

Riley is in Kansas City for basketball. So far so good. 3-0 and the top seed in their pool for tomorrow's bracket play.

But someone in our house isn't very happy that he's away. Can you guess who? She keeps going to the window to look for him, which is what she does every day after school. When she sees him she goes crazy. But today she looks, then puts her head down. I've tried to get a picture, but each time she gives me a mournful look and steps away. Don't tell me that dogs don't love their people. That boy is her boy and she is waiting for him.

With no guys around, it was a good day for Carly and I to get our hair done. New highlights for summer. Remember how happy they made her last time? Hers look great. Mine look a little blonde. I may need a few days to get used to it. We also went shopping. We're having a family picture taken next weekend . . . do you know how hard it is to coordinate outfits? Especially when someone loves the brightest, most patterny things out there. But that is what makes her her.

My friend Tricia over at Three Men and a Lady had a garage sale last weekend. I picked up a copy of Here's the Story, an autobiography written by Maureen McCormick. You might remember her as Marcia, Marcia, Marcia of Brady Bunch fame. Just finished it today. Great book, well written. She had a tough go, but her story is one of resilience, which I am all about right now. Now I'm going to try and find a copy of Greg's (Barry Williams) book. And Rob Lowe. That one's on my list too. As is watching St. Elmo's Fire.

 It's no wonder I never get any housework done. I've got too many other things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment